Friday, August 19, 2011

The Last Dance

I am an old woman now and as I dream back in time
of things I would like to try
I think about the things I would like to do before my time comes to die
I remember candle light dinners that were planned just for me
The long walks that we took, talking about our life to be
I want to hear the soft music and dance around the floor
I really yearn to do this, just once more.
It really does not need to be this way, life has become so dull
How I wish I could go back and break the spell of lull
To hear music softly playing and dance around the floor
It is what I would like to do… Just once more
To hear the whisper of sweet words that are meant for me knowing they are true
To sit by candlelight and long walks that are long, long overdue
To dance around the floor once more to music soft and sweet
To know that I am still alive until my loved ones to meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment