Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fields

I walked through the woods, a beautiful day to be
Over to the plowed fields to see what I could see
I knew they had been there, many years ago,
What was their life like, on some we just don’t know.

The day perfect for hunting, eyes focused on the ground
Looking for the special one that is yet to be found
I think that I have found it but it’s just a little leaf,
Throwing it down with a big frown and feeling a bit of grief.

Slowly I walk and get a very special feeling
I know there is something there, my head is almost reeling
There is a clod of dirt, a piece of flint sticking out the side,
I brush it very lightly, praying it will be my pride.

Ever so easy I pull it out and to my great delight
It was a perfect one, all chipped just right
The day was perfect for hunting, eyes focused on the ground,
Looking for the perfect one, til now had not been found.

No comments:

Post a Comment