Monday, September 12, 2011

I Wonder

Sometimes I wonder about everything
What makes flowers blue and the grasses green
What power makes the birds soar
And why on earth does the lion roar?

The lion is such a beastly thing
The animal world says he is king
The elephant’s trunk hangs down so low
Why is it called a trunk, where does he go?

Did Humpty Dumpty really fall off a wall
Is the Jolly Green Giant ten feet tall
Does the humming bird really hum
Can the little tin soldier really play a drum?

How about Rudolph and his shiny red nose
Beauty and the Beast and the blue rose
I can’t help wonder about all this
The prince, Snow White and the magic kiss.

How could a cow jump over the moon
Did the seven little dwarfs all sleep in one room?
I wonder about all this fairy tale bliss
And I’m so afraid there’s something I’ll miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment